Post from my Ravelry project: Did a few improvisations on this one. Used a 36-peg round loom. Traditional e-wrap on the main hat.
Started with one ear flap (ear flap tutorial I got from here) at first, finished off. Did the second ear flap then continued making the main hat using the e-wrap method. Gather removal bind-off.
Simple pom-pom style for the top without cutting the ends, leaving the loops on.
The face I took from an arumigumi angry bird crochet pattern from http://itsybitsyspidercrochet.blogspot.com/ (this pattern no longer available in public, unfortunately).
I’m quite happy with this hat! I hope my nephew will love it. ^_^